Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday Writers... Title brainstorming

After more than two weeks without my computer, I'm catching up. My novel A DADDY FOR LUKE will be mailed to my final proofreader today and will publish soon. My novella A WARRIOR'S VOICE is just about ready for my critique group.

I'm starting the formatting on a memoir to be published in November and I'm trying to come up with a title. I would love to hear some suggestions.

The memoir is about Alec who was born in China to Russian parents. His father was working on the Trans-Siberian Railway in the early 20th century. The family emigrated to Alberta, Canada where they homesteaded for several years struggling to make a living. During the depression they had to sell their farm and move to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. When he was a teen, Alec got a job as a courier for the Canadian Pacific Railroad. He was promoted to the supply department and through the years worked his way up to fuel buyer for Canadian Pacific Airlines. He traveled the world procuring supplies and fuel. It's a fascinating rags to riches story. Alec called his memoir The Story of an Immigrant. That is a rather broad title and I would like to narrow it down so readers will have a better idea what it's about. I will probably use Alec's title as a subtitle.

So if you have any ideas, I'd like to hear them. I can offer a free copy of the book if I choose to use your title suggestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment