Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Writer Tips - 37 marketing tips in one handy ebook

I had planned another tip for tonight that I found very useful but I can't find the book. I think I'm organized, I sort things on my desk and on my computer logically, but this isn't the first time I couldn't find something when I needed it. I need tips on organizing. But that's a topic for another Wednesday.

So tonight I'm going to share tips on Marketing Your Book! We can all use that, right?

The book is Smashwords TM Book Marketing Guide - How to market your book by Mark Coker. The introduction gives a background to Smashwords and how they help authors and publishers market their books. The best part is the 37 Marketing Tips that are all free to put into action.

Here's a list of the tips I've already implemented.
Tip #1 - Update your email signatureTip #2 - Post a notice on your web site or blogTip #3 - Contact your friends, family, co-workers and fansTip #4 - Post a notice to your social networksTip #5 - Update your message board signatures
I've checked a few more off the list, too. 

Some tips I would never have thought of:
Tip #25 - Encourage your fans to become affiliate marketers of your bookTip #27 - Do a sample chapters swap with another author
Each tip is expounded and explained with at least one paragraph, and links where applicable. It's concise, to the point and FREE!  Yea, free help for us! I'm excited to try out more of the tips in the coming weeks.

More books from my writers craft and how-to bookshelf. 
I have the ebook version of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment