Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tofu Tikka Masala recipe review

Tofu Tikka Masala - 4.5 stars. (recipe posted Friday, May 3.13)

This low calorie Masala recipe is the first East Indian food I've made. It has good flavor and just enough spice for me. I'm low on the spice tolerance scale, but I'm trying new spicy foods. I used to be zero tolerance so I've come a ways, which has opened up new flavors to me. The recipe calls for 1 gram of chopped jalapeño but my food scale didn't even register the tablespoon or so that used. If you like it spicy, you can increase the jalapeño chilies or add a bit of cayenne. 

I served the Masala on a brown rice/wild rice mixture with a side salad of mixed greens and avocado. Avocados are at a low price right now.

I will make this recipe again, but I'll use less tofu. The tofu to sauce ratio seemed heavy on the tofu side.

Standard Masala is chicken in any type of Indian sauce. I'll try it with chicken, but a standard sauce has full fat yogurt and sour cream. I prepared this recipe with non fat yogurt and soy milk. It made 3 servings each 199 calories + 3/4 c rice at 164.

No comments:

Post a Comment