Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Paying it forward



Today I'm visiting Author and Workshop Leader Extraordinaire Dyanne Davis at her Web site where she interviews little ole me. Hop on over.

Dyanne taught the Savvy Authors workshop Indie Publishing, which I attended last April. She is very generous with her knowledge and experience and has gone above and beyond answering this Indie author's questions after the class was finished. She truly pays it forward.

I believe in paying it forward, too, and even though I'm a newbee, I want to share what I've learned and experienced with others coming up behind me.

I have several writers' crafts books (don't we all?) and as a way to get myself to spend more time reading them I'm going to do a writers' blog on Wednesdays. I'll pull a book off my shelf, check the index for something relevant to what I'm currently working on, read it and then share what I've learned and how I've applied it. I'll include the title and author of the book and a link if anyone is interested in delving deeper into that book. I have some highly recommended and popular books on my shelf just to the right of my computer and I hardly ever get around to really using them.

So, stop by on Wednesdays, you might pick up a tip or two. And you are more than welcome to share some tips that have worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment