Saturday, January 5, 2013

When good intentions backfire.

Because my book, Her Scottish CEO, has interior illustrations, I decided to give readers a choice between an eBook, an Enhanced Edition trade paperback with black and white interior illustrations and a Full Color trade paperback edition with color throughout. Upon doing a search on the title at Amazon all three editions showed up.

Then I thought that some readers might not understand that the paperback selling of $8.50 has b&w interior illustrations so I had a subtitle added. Whoops! Now, doing a search on the title brings up only the full color edition and with a price of $37.49 I know most people will cruse by and not notice that there is a link to the other edition that costs less. I didn't even notice it at first. So I had a subtitle added to the full color edition hoping that would cause both editions to come up on a title search. Not! Still only the full color edition comes up. Next I had the subtitles taken off both editions. Waited the 3-5 business days for it to take effect and... Argh! Still only the full color edition shows up. 

Therefore, I just took the full color edition off Amazon. Hopefully, this will do the trick. I'll keep checking. I hate to lose sales because shoppers see only the more expensive edition and don't realize there is another more affordable edition available. 

The full color edition is still available on the CreateSpace store.

Along the same lines... I've taken my ebooklet, Pet Rock Sex Manual, A Parody, off Barns & Noble PubIt! and I'm going to put it into Amazon's KDP Select program, to try that out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment