Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Look Challenge


My workshop friend, Mae Claire, tagged me for the LOOK challenge. Thanks, Mae Clair!

I've never heard of a LOOK Challenge, so I followed the links of the others she invited, not only to read their excerpts and meet new people, but to see what it was all about. 
How does the LOOK challenge work?  
  1. Find the first usage of the word ‘look’ in your WIP and paste the surrounding paragraph into your blog.
  2. Tag as many people as you want to take part in the challenge with you.
To see Mae Claire’s paragraph, and read her great blogs, visit: http://maeclair.net/2012/08/29/mae-clairs-liking-the-look/
My LOOK excerpt is from my contemporary romance wip HER SCOTTISH CEO, about an American artist plagued by disappointments who travels to Scotland for a career starting assignment as an illustrator and meets Scottish businessman.  My first paragraph with LOOK is only five words so I felt I had to back up and give a little context. She's just met the Scotsman and he's wearing a kilt:
*********
She continued to observe him as he looked at her artwork. He had a straight nose and an average mouth, which, with his green eyes, came together to make him the most handsome man she'd ever seen.
Up close and personal-wise. 
Concentrate, breathe. Don’t look stunned.

*********
I hope you enjoyed my LOOK challenge! Tag, you're it. I tag the following authors:

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love it! He's certainly got her attention and you've got mine with this great "look" at your WIP. Thanks for playing. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did (and thank you for the shout out)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag Christy. I enjoyed your snippet from your wip, HER SCOTTISH CEO.

    ReplyDelete