Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday night...

I decided to order MSOffice for home, it's the least expensive version, so I can format my mss for ebook upload. Later, I'll probably order Parallels Desktop so I can run the other programs that don't work with my new system. The software hasn't arrived yet so formatting is put off a bit longer.

I spent last weekend in another favorite pastime of mine. A vintage trailer rally. This one was at Lake Tahoe, which is about 20 miles from where I live as the crow flies. Towing a trailer it's a bit farther, up and over a Sierra pass. It was fun and there were about 65 vintage trailers at the event.

This weekend I spent sick with a cold. I haven't had a cold in ages. I was getting downright cocky about not being sick in so long. It's not a bad cold, but enough to dampen my enthusiasm for anything other than sitting on the sofa and reading a good book. I started Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist. An historical set at the Biltmore Estate. I also watched the LA Dodgers get shut out by the Cincinnati Reds, though I slept through most of it. The other thing I did was spend time searching stock photo sites for another book cover. I think I found something that will work well except in the novel the heroine's hair is red and curly, the model in the stock photo has straight blonde hair.

I still need to do a final read through of my mss and make the small corrections found by my last reader, Mom. I'll do that in the coming week while I wait for Office to arrive.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Christy. I love the bit about the vintage trailer rally. That must have been exciting. I can imagine strolling through looking at all of the trailers from original design to extravagant.
    I'm sure that was fun. Sorry to hear about your cold. Hope you're feeling better.

    ~Alicia~

    ReplyDelete