Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tedious Tuesday


I’m doing tedious things tonight. Making graphics for my web page so the banner shows up well on all browses. I did one for each page, but I won’t be able to test them out until I get to work tomorrow and open my web page on two or three browsers and two platforms.

I was planning to go over the chapter-by-chapter notes from my editor (they look Tedious) but it’s already getting late and I want to finish the book I’ve been reading. A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist. It’s an historical romance set at the time in 1866 when Seattle was overpopulated with men and one man had the bright idea of offering his services to go back east and collect 500 war widows and orphans. He said it would take him 6 months and the eager men paid $300 each for their unseen bride. Over a year later 25 women arrived (many having abandoned the plan when they docked in San Francisco). Anyway, another plot twist has come up to threaten the hero and heroine’s chances of getting together. I’ve been waiting all day for the chance to sit down and finish.

I also spent the day (those Tedious times at work when the computer takes to long to do its job and my mind looks for something interesting to think about) and I wrote a new tag line, or whatever they’re called, that I put under my name on my banner on my web site. Crikies, my pages are all messed up when I look at them from home. I'll have to rebuild at least two of them. Now that's TEDIOUS! 
And why the font change on this paragraph? Argh.

I'll start the chapter-by-chapter edits tomorrow. Oh shoot, tomorrow I also have to make a pot luck dish for work on Thursday. We have four pregnant ladies in our department, due in Oct., Dec., Jan., and Feb. and someone is finding out what they crave and those items will be added to the pot luck. I'm going to make my own recipe (which means it comes out a little differently each time) of Crock Pot Enchiladas. If it turns out good this time, as it did the last time I made it, I'll share the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Tedious days like that just make me want to go to bed and start over tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia, Me, too! Tonight I worked on my edits and didn't worry about the web pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to get bogged down in so many differetn things and formatting web pages (when they're not cooperating) can easilyd drive you nuts! Arrgh!

    I think I would have read too. BTW, the book you're reading sounds interesting. It reminded me of a very old TV show called "Here Come the Brides."

    ReplyDelete