Monday, August 20, 2012

Managerial Monday - This is an exciting week. I'm finishing the T&G edits (Typos & Grammar bloopers) of my mss. I should be done with those tonight. Then I'll start the SS edits (story structure) tomorrow. I'm not sure how long that will take as this is the first time I've had a professional editor read any of my mss. I'm aiming for the end of August. Then one more read through, and on to formatting. 

Another exciting prospect. Since I am Indie publishing this mss. I can add extras to my book, and those will be in the form of a couple watercolor paintings I did in Scotland, which in part inspired this story in the first place. 

This week's TO-DOs

1. finish the T&G edits chapters 12-14.
2. start the structure edits. This is where the editor found gaps or inconsistencies in my story line, so now I'll go through and clean those up. 
3. make a formatting outline from the books I recently read about formatting. The Smashwords book,"Smashwords Style Guide" by Mark Coker is a good one. 
4. blog a couple more times this week. I've already got some ideas, including a excerpt, and a cat tail... tale!


No comments:

Post a Comment